Sunday, October 11, 2015

Let's Get Organized!


Twice a year when the seasons change I clean out my closet and move my sandals out and my boots in or vice versa.  My poor partner shares part of her closet with me so I can store my off season shoes in her closet, lucky for me!  I don't love the cleaning but I do love the end result and it's a good way to inventory what you have and what you need for the new season.  This process got me thinking about closet organization and good ways to store your favorite things.  I am pretty organized but I know some people love functional chaos too.  It depends on what works for you!

I go through my clothes first and get rid of anything I have not worn or I no longer like an put it in a donation pile.  When I move my shoes I only get rid of shoes I did not use for the season that is ending.  It makes it easier for me to decide what no longer works for me since I recently used them.  I then move anything I don't use to the donation pile.  I always donate my things and I hope that someone else gets some happiness out of them too. 

I keep all of my shoes in the boxes so they don't get dusty.  I love using plastic shoe boxes and bins for stray shoes that didn't come in a box too.  I also repurpose my old shoes boxes when the shoes are too worn to use anymore. 

I have my clothing sorted into groups by color and type.  My tops are in order from tanks to long sleeves grouped by color.  I do the same for pants and skirts.  This makes it easier for me to get dressed quicker in the morning and also helps me to know what I have and what I might need.  My shoes are organized pretty much the same way.

Some people use hooks for bags and jewelry for storage, and although I think its a great way to get organized, I do not use them.  The reason is that I hate to dust and where I live it accumulates quick.  I don't like to pull out a bag that has a layer of dust on it.  I think this option works best if you are a minimalist when it comes to accessorizing and you don't need to store large quantities of stuff.

I do have quite a few handbags and I rotate them out often.  I don't care if I bought it at a discount chain or at a specialty handbag shop, I think they all deserve to be well cared for and loved as long as I can.  I use the large plastic bins for them and think they are a great option if you have a collection you love too.  Also, did I mention the dust?  Yea it keeps that out too! 

Here are some of these organization items I found that are easy to use and can help you get things sorted.  All items are available at Target and Target.com.






Here are some beautiful closets for inspiration!  I know, these are extravagant but a girl can dream right?  Which one is your favorite? 



Until next time lovelies!  Let me know how you get organized and of course what you would like to see on the next blog!  Have a wonderful Sunday! 













No comments:

Post a Comment